Today in iMedia Connection we run down several tips and tricks we employ here at 360i to ensure our corporate blog functions as a living, breathing reflection of what we’re all about. Below are our first five tips — and you can read the full article for 20 more best practices when it comes to article writing, editorial & technical management and promotion.
1. Choose the right topics. Sometimes pinpointing a topic can be more challenging than actually writing about it. We peruse dozens of other blogs each day — as well as trade pubs and other outlets — to find headlines most relevant to our business and our clients.
2. Create an editorial calendar. Coverage can be added on the fly, but it’s always helpful to have a rough outline of planned assignments so you can maintain a regular cadence when it comes to the frequency of your posts. On our blog, recurring features like news roundups, interviews, and POVs ensure that our readers are getting continued value — no matter what’s going on in our industry’s headlines.
3. Provide value. Corporate blogs shouldn’t just be about company announcements; in fact, these types of posts form a very small percentage of our content. Our goal has always been to provide value through thought leadership — inspiring conversations instead of creating monologues around company news.
4. Pool your resources. Our agency is comprised of hundreds of individuals that span several practice groups and areas of expertise — social marketing, creative, media, search, and more. Tap into the power of your company’s collective intellect by opening up your roster of contributors to include employees of diverse backgrounds and skill sets.
5. Have a brand voice. We maintain a consistent style and voice throughout all our posts. This helps ensure a cohesive experience — no matter which topic we are covering, or who is writing about it.
Which best practices do you think are most important? Would you add any to our list? Let us know in the comments below.