The New Orleans Tourism Marketing Corporation (NOTMC) has unleashed a series of new features to followyournola.com that inspire people to discover New Orleans – and “Follow [Their] NOLA” – through the site’s interactive, map-based experience.
360i partnered with NOTMC to create a more immersive experience via its official website, building off the insight that prospective visitors are seeking ways to explore and navigate the city as they are planning their trips. Now, visitors to the site can create their own custom journeys through the city, explore itineraries created by national and local celebrities including Emeril Lagasse, Susan Spicer and Jon Cleary, and uncover new experiences at every turn.
The site is designed to help prospective travelers search for restaurants, clubs, music venues, historic sites, museums, galleries and other unique attractions – each of which embody the real, authentic personality of New Orleans.
Followyournola.com is designed to inspire people to see New Orleans as a rich cultural destination, and to help them plan a trip and navigate every corner of the city. The bevy of destinations spanning food, history, music and more proves to visitors that there’s no limit to what can be discovered in New Orleans.
Visit Followyournola.com for the full experience, which includes:
- Interactive Map – A beautiful, watercolor map powered by Google Maps that showcases popular neighborhoods and outdoor destinations from City Park to the Mississippi River Front, local transit routes, streetcar lines and airport resources.
- “My NOLA” Trip Planner – A personalization feature that allows visitors to build their own, sharable profiles and customized journeys throughout the city.
- Celebrity “NOLA” Itineraries – Visitors can now “Follow [Their] NOLA” to explore favorite destinations of the city’s renowned locals and visitors, including famous chefs, musicians, artists and more.
- Find Attractions and Hotels – Visitors can choose from thousands of attractions, hotels, restaurants and venues, filtered by neighborhood, cuisine, price or amenity.
- What’s “Coming Up” – An insiders’ guide to all the best places to eat, drink, shop and play in New Orleans.
The new interactive experience builds on the award-winning “Follow Your NOLA” campaign that was introduced in 2013 as a national leisure tourism campaign for the city, designed to showcase the rich culture, history and music that runs deep in NOLA and invite tourists to “live like locals.” The campaign and new website experience were created by NOTMC in collaboration with agency of record 360i, in partnership with New Orleans-based Skuba Design.
The “Follow Your NOLA” campaign will return this spring via broadcast television and digital media in target cities, as well as on Visit New Orleans and GoNOLA social channels. Join and follow the campaign via #followyournola.