Last week, Amazon decided to cut the price of its popular e-book reader, the Kindle, by $60 (from $359 to $299). InformationWeek reports that the company is rather tight-lipped about specific sales figures, but claims the Kindle accounts for 35 percent of book sales for those editions in which Kindle versions are available. We recognize that a good number of our readers are not only social marketing enthusiasts – but gadget-lovers, too. For that reason, we’ve made the Social Marketing Playbook available for purchase on Amazon.com.
Those of you without Kindles can nab a copy of the Playbook for your iPhone or iPod touch by downloading the free Amazon Kindle app from the iTunes store.
Here’s how you can get your hands on a mobile copy of the e-book that was downloaded more than 15,000 times in June alone:
- Create an account with Amazon if you haven’t already.
- Head on over to the Kindle Store or download the free Kindle app for your iPhone or iPod touch.
- Search “360i Playbook” to locate our product.
- Purchase the e-book for $1.00. (We swear we’d offer it for free, but there’s a minimum we must charge through Amazon.)
- Voila! You can now read the Playbook on-the-go.
If you’ve got an e-book of your own you’d like to publish, here’s a great how-to article that will take you through the process.