If you have ever questioned the nature of your reality, your journey to freedom starts with three words: Alexa, Open Westworld.
We partnered with HBO to debut the network’s first full-scale voice skill with “Westworld: The Maze,” an immersive gaming skill for Westworld fans.
Crafted to delight even the most die-hard fan, The Maze delivers a true extension of the show’s world, with over two hours of unique gameplay. Each element of the skill was designed with the show’s layered and rich narrative in mind. Beloved characters Bernard/Arnold (Jeffrey Wright) and Clementine (Angela Sarafyan) appear throughout certain stages of the game, lending their vocal talents to test users on their understanding of Westworld lore.
We’ve provided fans with the unique ability to enter Westworld from within their own homes, exploring the park as a host on a quest for consciousness. Users are guided through three “choose-your-own-adventure” style levels with over 60 storylines and 400 unique game choices riddled with questions about the Westworld universe.
The vast and detailed premium experience is the result of a truly collaborative effort between HBO, Kilter Films – the production team behind Westworld – and 360i, along with Xandra, our Voice Production Partner.
The voice skill was born out of the natural narrative tie between Westworld and Voice technology, which provided a new forum into which HBO and 360i could extend our legacy of innovative work together. Each moment of the game was designed with purpose, much like the show itself. Within the game’s detailed sound design and scripted interactions, anything could be a clue – an immersive reward for superfans who revel in the show’s layers and chase down every hint and teaser out there, allowing them to extend Westworld beyond the Season 2 finale.
But even superfans might benefit from a hint or two, so here are a few to help get you started:
- If you make it to the saloon, show Kissy, the blackjack dealer some respect.
- If you meet the barmaid, remind her how to get rid of those nightmares by counting backwards from 3.
- If you come across a traveler just outside the Ranch, don’t ask her too many questions about her encounter at La Cantina in Las Mudas.
- At Abernathy Ranch, mention the Judas steer to prove yourself to the ranch hand.
- If you want the bandits in Sweetwater to like you, remember that the Confederados come from New Virginia.
- Answer the Sheriff honestly when he asks where Hector is hiding. He might suspect you of hiding in the hills with him, but you can talk your way out of it later.
To experience “Westworld: The Maze” for yourself, just tell any Alexa-enabled device: “Alexa, open Westworld.”