NEW YORK — June 16, 2015 — Award-winning agency 360i today announced the launch of a Crisis Management practice, an advanced brand reputation management offering that combines social marketing best practices with crisis preparation planning, strategy and social listening. In addition, the agency has developed a proprietary technology to automatically monitor online brand buzz and turn media buying and search terms on and off when crises arise. As part of this new offering, 360i assesses potential threats, as well as their implications across earned, owned and paid channels, in order to create custom crisis preparation plans that help brands proactively mitigate risks, create efficiencies and deploy timely responses in any scenario – from social mishaps to brand attacks.
Social media and the dominance of social sharing have changed the landscape of crisis and brand reputation management. Given that a majority of Americans have smart phones with video cameras and internet access in their pockets, a crisis can be spawned — and a brand reputation put in jeopardy — with the click of a button. However, according to Altimeter Group, 75 percent of brand crises could be avoided or diminished if companies had prepared properly.
“Digital and social media are now the front lines of brand reputation, and most brands are less prepared and more vulnerable than ever before,” said Rebecca McCuiston, SVP of Influencer Marketing. “The key to crisis management is taking proactive steps to prepare for a range of different crises before they happen, and we are helping our clients know when and how to quickly pull the right levers behind their digital and social strategies — everything from changing the tone of their social response, to enlisting influencer support and rapidly adjusting their media buying and search terms.”
Built on 360i’s decade of pioneering work in social and influencer marketing for Fortune 500 brands, the Crisis Management practice suite of custom reputation management tools and services includes:
– Threat Level Scorecard: 360i has defined six core areas of crisis to help marketers and social media mangers better understand when to elevate conversations and when to respond and react to a crisis.
– Social Channel Audit: Each of a brand’s social channels plays a role before, during and after a crisis. 360i will help brands establish and define roles and voices for each.
– Crisis Tone of Voice: 360i helps identify the tone of voice a brand should deploy during crisis, depending on the level of threat and the required response.
– Escalation & Approval Protocol: The agency ensures marketers have determined roles, responsibilities and guardrails for each stakeholder and department during a potential crisis.
– Crisis CAP(SM) Monitoring and Response: 360i’s proprietary Contextual Actions Platform (CAP) technology monitors thousands of data streams and APIs for unique keywords and combinations of keywords, to automatically alert brands if the wrong conversations are trending, and allows them to automatically disable SEO and SEM keyword bidding and turn off paid media to avoid brand faux pas.