As national protests continue with people demanding justice for George Floyd, Breonna Taylor, Ahmaud Arbery and so many others, brands are using their platforms and dollars to support anti-racism organizations and the Black Lives Matter movement. We shared some of the initial actions 360i is taking and wanted to also highlight our clients that are taking action to support and advocate for the Black community. Check out the following companies that are donating money to important causes like the NAACP Legal Defense and Educational Fund, Equal Justice Initiative, National Urban League, National Black Chamber of Commerce, the National Action Network, the Community Justice Action Fund, and many more organizations.
Check back for more as we keep updating the list.
- Ben & Jerry’s issued a comprehensive, direct statement and call to action to dismantle white supremacy as part of their ongoing support for Black Lives Matter. They addressed the historical roots of discrimination, called out systemic racism, and advocated for specific policies to prevent further police abuses and redress racial inequality.
- SoFi, the online personal finance company, is giving $1 million to organizations chosen by their employee resource group So(ul)Fi, which empowers Black employees, members and allies. Check out their statement on Twitter here.
- American Eagle announced a pledge of $500,000 to the NAACP Legal Defense Fund.
- CarMax committed $1 million over the next year to help combat social inequality and injustice.
- Mondelez brands OREO, Ritz, and Chips Ahoy! (along with Trident) committed $500,000 to the NAACP and Black Lives Matter
- Pernod Ricard has committed $1 million to three organizations – Equal Justice Initiative, National Urban League and the National Black Chamber of Commerce to help combat racial injustice.
- Kroger announced a $5M fund that will be distributed to organizations that support racial justice and equity. Kroger also published an Allyship resource guide created by its African American Associate Resource Group.
- DSW is donating to Atlanta Technical College’s Hank Aaron 755 Society, a fund dedicated to helping students complete their college education and achieve future success.
- Comcast NBCUniversal, the parent company of 360i clients Bravo and Oxygen, has outlined a detailed $100 million multiyear plan to advance social justice and equality. This includes donations and grants to active social justice organizations, internal hiring & education efforts in diversity & inclusion, programming initiatives to amplify Black voices across their networks, widespread distribution of digital resources and internet access to low-income communities, as well as funding small businesses affected by the COVID-19 closures (focusing on businesses owned by people of color).
At this pivotal time, businesses can play a vital role as we work towards a just and equitable society. We’re fortunate to work with many that are taking a stand and striving to be part of the solution.