Holiday cookies are a staple this time of year, with amateur chefs concocting creative, culinary treats in kitchens all over the world. This year, OREO is helping inspire people by presenting the “12 Days of Cookie Balls,” a social content campaign that amplifies the brand’s popular “Cookie Balls Song,” which was created by our partners at The Martin Agency.
OREO cookie balls are bite-sized treats made with three basic ingredients: OREO cookies, cream cheese and semi-sweet chocolate. The beauty of these holiday snacks is that they’re so easy to make and yet so delicious at the same time – and the creative possibilities for making your own, custom OREO cookie balls are endless.
To inspire Millennial OREO fans to create their own cookie ball creations, we’re releasing a new recipe every day through December 23 via the brand’s communities on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. The recipes feature quirky cookie ball scenes that put a new spin on the classic “12 Days of Christmas” carol with posts like “Twelve Dads Over-Decorating” and “Six Tweens Tweeting” (pictured below).
The Recipe: Six Tween Cousins Tweeting
To prevent your tween cousins from live-tweeting all the shenanigans happening at your family holiday get-together, serve them something that they’ll have no choice but to post on Instagram.
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) brick cream cheese, softened
- 36 OREO Cookies, finely crushed
- 4 pkg. (4 oz. each) white baking chocolate, melted
- Mix cream cheese and cookie crumbs until blended.
- Shape into 48 (1-inch) balls. Freeze 10 min. Dip balls in melted chocolate; place on waxed paper-covered rimmed baking sheet. Decorate immediately.
- Refrigerate 1 hour or until firm. Store in refrigerator.
- Make your own cookie balls! Here’s how we made balls into birds:
- Light blue and black food paint or food coloring for bird color and eyes
- Modeling chocolate and edible yellow food paint for feet and beak